Thursday, September 09, 2004

Crazy Days

Well the past week has been insanity and exercise! :)

Tennis with Bryon has gotten a bit more interesting as we're both starting to get into our groove. There are a few problems though. One: US Open causes Tennis Fever and more people want to be on the lighted courts at night. Two: It's getting darker earlier, cooler earlier. We'll need to look for a park closer to work.

Last weekend we went up to the Glen for a hike. 1 1/2 miles up and I do mean up. Lots and lots of stone steps. We took it at a powerwalk pace. Beautiful though, really truly beautiful.

Sunday I took out Chad's bike with his odometer and timer on it and headed for the hill. Chad had taken a course before and said it was only 2 miles. Apparently he went halfway up and then coasted back down because at 2 miles I was still climbing! I came down the other side determined not to give in and it ended up being 5 miles in just under an hour! Wheew!

I think the Treadmill has died. It's plugged in and won't light up.....the dreaded word Gym lurks ever closer.

I've been totally engrossed in the September exercise challenge on 3FC South Beach Forum. Not so much wanting to win, but wanting to keep up and more so, wanting to lose the pounds. I've been working at getting in at least 30 minutes a day and it's going well.

BIG SECRET: Ok, so I could't decide if sex counted as exercise or not. We're not talking sex at 74, I mean youthful, crazy, passionate stuff. The kind where you're close to falling off the bed! :) However, in wishing to keep peace and not offend anyone, which I seem to be good at being one of the only Republicans on the board, I haven't asked. So I'm counting it as of last night as "Stretch Exercise".....SHHHH!

Now I must look to Friday and the weekend and hope for clear skies and bright ideas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home